?

Log in

Oh, I can't help quoting you...

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> previous 10 entries

April 6th, 2010


venturablue
06:51 pm - i love this.

i don't even care that this place hasn't been posted in for three years.
because i find myself quoting the smiths CONSTANTLY, and most people just don't understand. so without further ado, my favorite smiths quotes, some of which are autobiographical.

"Nature's a language, can't you read?"
-Ask

"In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?"
-Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

"But sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled making Christmas cards with the mentally ill...I want to live and I want to Love, I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of."
-Frankly, Mister Shankly

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind."
-I know It's Over

"We can go wherever we please, and everything depends upon how near you stand to me"
-Hand In Glove

"Oh yes, you can punch me, and you can butt me, and you can break my spine but you won't change the way I feel, 'cause I love you."
-Is It Really So Strange 

"And if you ever need self-validation, just meet me in the alley by the railway station...it's all over my face."
-I Want The One I Can't Have

"...And someone falls in love, and someone's beaten up, and the senses being dulled are mine. And though I walk home alone, I might walk home alone...But my faith in love is still devout."
-Rusholme Ruffians

"All men have secrets and here is mine, so let it be known, for we have been through hell and high tide. I think I can rely on you...and yet you start to recoil. Heavy words are so lightly thrown, but still I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you."
-What Difference Does It Make

"I started something, I forced you to a zone and you were clearly never meant to go. Hair brushed and parted. Typical me, typical me
Typical me."
-I Started Something I Couldn't Finish

"All the lies that you make up, what's at the back of your mind? Oh, your face I can see and it's desperately kind. What's at the back of your mind?"
-Stretch Out & Wait (a version that isn't on Louder Than Bombs.)

"I want a boy for my birthday, that's the present that I need the most. Just a boy for my birthday, one who'll love to hold me close"
-I Want A Boy For My Birthday

"You kicked and cried like a bullied child, a grown man of 25, oh, he said he'd cure your ills but he didn't and he never will. Oh, save your life because you've only got one."
-This Night Has Opened My Eyes

AND LASTLY:

"I don't have much in my life, but take it, it's yours."
-Unloveable


Current Mood: drunkdrunk
Current Music: The Cure - There Is No If ...

(Leave a comment)

August 8th, 2007


thearas
06:57 pm - Reel Around the Fountain
I dreamt about you last night,
And i fell out of bed twice.
You can pin and mount me,
Like a butterfly.....

But take me to the haven of your bed,
Was someting that you never said.
Two lumps please,
Your the bee's knees,
But so am I!

Current Mood: depresseddepressed
Current Music: Tool

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

July 28th, 2007


artrat84
07:31 pm
"There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home, and you cry
And you want to die.."
Current Location: How I dearly wish I was not here.
Current Music: Unlovable - The Smiths

(Leave a comment)

April 16th, 2007


setembro
09:12 pm
But dont forget the songs
That made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now
And you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you.

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

July 27th, 2006


councilestate
09:44 pm - hello, i'm new
you say that the day just never arrives
and it's never seemed so far away
still, i know it's gonna happen someday
to you

to me, this is by far one of his saddest songs. and it's also one of my absolute favourites.

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

April 28th, 2006


moofable
10:33 pm
There's too much caffeine
In your bloodstream
And a lack of real spice
In your life

(Leave a comment)

March 6th, 2006


singmichaelsing
05:22 pm
but I don't want a lover
I just want to be seen in the back of your car.


thumbs up.

(Leave a comment)

February 5th, 2006


venusasa_boy
04:28 pm
just listening to Meat Is Murder...

what she said:
"i smoke because i'm hoping for an early death
and i need to cling to something!"

(i don't know if anyone else does this sort of thing, but whenever anyone questions why i am a smoker i always quote this. and nobody has ever picked up on the reference, so i always end up feeling like an idiot/frustrated)

and though i walk home alone
i just might walk home alone
but my faith in love is still devout.
Current Music: the smiths

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

November 3rd, 2005


willgraham
12:29 am
In my life
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die?

(Leave a comment)

August 23rd, 2005


ex_peignoir991
09:37 pm - today, it is the songs (or the lines therein) that make me smile.
"oh, unhappy burfday." At least, that's how it sounds to me the last time in the song that he sings it...

"Please excuse me from gym; I've got this terrible cold coming on."
"I never talk to my neighbor. I'd rather not get involved."
"Sweetness, I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed."
"No, I've never had a job, because I'M TOO SHY."
"There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more."
"There are brighter sides to life, and I should know because I've seen them, but not very often."
"Don't come to the house tonight. Because there's somebody here who'll take a HATCHET to your EAR."
"Two lumps, please; you're the bee's knees, but so am I."
"What she said, how come someone hasn't noticed that I'm dead, and decided to bury me? God knows, I'm ready, La la la da da di da."
"Oh, I didn't realize that you wrote poetry...I didn't realize you wrote such bloody awful poetry."

Everybody's just not clever like that nowadays.

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

> previous 10 entries
> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com